Lenovo, through its facebook page, has announced a re-launch of their mobile phone lineup starting May 23. Although Lenovo did not have much of a successful run in the local mobile scene a few years back, their sneak peak of their first few phones reveal some very interesting specs and pricing. They will start to hit hard at the entry-level category, with the K5 Play at Php3,990 and the K5 Pro at Php6,990.
Lenovo K5 Play – Key Specifications:
- 5.7-inch IPS HD display @ 1440 x 720 resolution
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 430 SoC, Adreno 505 GPU
- 3GB RAM + 32GB internal storage, MicroSD up to 128GB
- 13MP f/2.2+ 2MP f/2.4 Rear cameras with LED flash
- 8MP f/2.0 Front camera
- 3,000mAh battery
Lenovo K5 Pro – Key Specifications:
- 5.99-inch IPS FHD Display @ 1080 x 2160 resolution
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 636 SoC, Adreno 509 GPU
- 6GB RAM + 64GB internal storage, MicroSD up to 128GB
- 16MP f/2.0 + 5MP f/2.4 Rear Camera, with depth sensor and dual-LED flash
- 16MP f/2.0 + 5MP f/2.4 Front Camera
- 4050 mAh battery
- TypeC port + Fast Charging
- Bluetooth 5.0
Interestingly enough, both models are not the current generation models (K10, K6, K7) that Lenovo has launched around the world. Instead, the local launch will focus on legacy models (launched in 2018) to aggressively go after budget-conscious customers.
Whether this can compete with the value models of Chinese-made phones such as Huawei, Xiaomi, and the like, is a big question mark for now.
For those interested in the new Lenovo mobile phones, check out their upcoming Lenovo Mobile Official Store on Lazada.